Saturday, August 14, 2010

Marie Antoinette and Versailles

I am officially nocturnal! The last few nights I haven't gotten to bed until about 430am. After flipping the channels for about an hour I started watching this old black and white movie about Marie Antoinette. I thought how fitting since I just returned from Paris and I was able to visit Versailles. I had an image in my head about Versailles before I went there. I thought wow gold and ornate and decorative. BUT NO!!! HaHa! Yes it was all those things but at the same time very oppressive. Still I thought how interesting it was to stand in a place where so much history took place. To me it had vibes. Very strong ones! While watching the movie I decided to do a few drawings of Marie. The thing I loved the most was her hair! I guess sometimes it's worth staying up late!-Danielle

Here is a drawing I did of Versailles during my visit to Paris.


Blogger Kris Wiltse said...

Wonderful drawings, Danielle. The emphasis on the hair expresses your fascination with it. The dress is equally interesting. Love them both! I really enjoy your expressive, free style.

August 18, 2010 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Danielle C. McManus said...

Thank you Kris! I'm glad you enjoy it!-danielle

August 18, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home