Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering the Twin Towers

I remember the first time I went to the Twin Towers, WTC. My dad took me when I was about six or seven years old. My mission was to go to the very top and look down! I somehow feel I was more fearless back then! :) I remember being on the roof and looking over to the next building. It was amazing. I stared at the antenna and tried to figure out how tall it was.  It's a pretty vivid memory I have.

While I was in Manhattan last night I came out of the West 4th st subway stations and saw the two blue beams in the distance. My heart felt heavy and sad. I realized that I haven't really processed 9/11 all these years. This year I have started to feel it. All night  I couldn't get the beams out of my head, the images of the once standing towers, and of that day my dad took me as a little girl. I decided one of the ways I could deal with these images and emotions was to draw.  I have never drawn the towers ever but it seems my heart and hands felt the need to.-Danielle

Please visit my mentor Veronica Lawlor's  book, September 11th Words and Pictures, about September 11th. It's an amazing and beautiful book!

"Visit September 11th Words and Pictures to purchase the memorial book of drawings from 9/11. A portion of the proceeds is donated to the New York Firefighters Burn Center Foundation in honor of Carl Bedigian."-Veronica Lawlor





1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous work Danielle -thanks so much -hope you dont mind i made it my profile pic on FB and gave you credit. Am an artist as well www.andreihedstrom.com

September 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home