Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Live Oak Tree




Two weeks ago I made another trip up to Mystic Seaport with the Dalvero Academy. I swear every time I go up there something else happens and I find out something new. It really is a well feeder! Despite a little chill in the air and two hours of sleep the night before my hands were uncontrollably itching (which means they are basically dying to draw!) I'm pretty obsessed with drawing! But that's ok I really wouldn't have it any other way.

The last few times I went to Mystic, CT  I have passed by this live oak tree. I have taken shots of it and I have done a few thumbnails but always kept a note of it in the back of my head. "I'll go back to it later." I really had no intention of drawing it this time but when I passed by it I said now is the time I gotta draw this thing! I think what really caught my eye this time was all the textures of this live oak tree and its history. Live Oak is the state tree of Georgia and a southern symbol of strength.  This particular tree is over 400 years old and slaves use to congregate around it to sing and stay warm. I thought that was interesting.  Everything really does have a story.  -Danielle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home