Sunday, October 25, 2009

Returning To Home




The phrase,"home is where the heart is", resonates well with me. Two years ago I moved to Westchester County in New York. (It is about 20 minutes from New York City). Jesus, what a beautiful place to live! Fall was my favorite time of year there. My mom, my sister and I would take drives during the weekends up the hilly and winding roads of New Rochelle, Fleetwood, White Plains and Scarsdale. Just to see the leaves changing colors. It was like driving through a fall fantasy. The streets would be blanketed with yellows, deep reds and oranges. It would make my heart melt and would give me a warm feeling. I knew I belonged there. A few months ago I moved back to Long Island, and boy do I miss Westchester. Today I got a chance to go up to the Bronx Botanical Gardens and once again it is fall. As I walked around the gardens today all the colors, and smells reminded me of fall in Westchester. I got that same warm feeling in my heart. I sat there today painting and just remembering. I look forward to the day I get to move back there. It is truly where my heart found a home. It just has a special vibe. -Danielle

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Lawson said...

Hey Danielle. I stopped by Urban Sketchers and saw your fall drawing and popped over here to see more. They are so beautiful and so you! I too, have been enjoying drawing this wonderful season here in Maine, but as the colors wane so does my time here as I am off to Bali this Sunday.

It's funny—I think of Disney all the time...

Jennifer

October 26, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Danielle C. McManus-Sladek said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you Jennifer. It is wonderful to hear from you and I'm glad you enjoy the drawings. Wow Maine must be beautiful right now! It's like an artists heaven. Disney does that too you. It adds something special. Have a wonderful time in Bali.
-xo Danielle

October 26, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home